Digital Radiography (X-Rays)
X-rays have been used in the medical field since 1896. Over the years, we have seen vast improvements in the technology and safety of the exams. Current x-ray exams pose a minimal risk to the patient & technician.
Foot & Ankle x-rays carry an even smaller risk, as the exposure area is furthest away from vital organs.
If you are pregnant, or trying to become pregnant, foot & ankle x-rays can still be administered, with very minimal risk, utilizing a lead apron. If you have any questions or concerns, make sure to notify your medical assistant.
If there is any concern over safety, we can often use Diagnositc Ultrasound to examine the area in question.
Advantages of Digital X-Ray
- No developing time or chemicals used
- Increased quality of x-ray image
- Software tools for examining the x-ray
- Secure and accessible storage
- Easy to track healing progress with side-by-side comparison