Dr. Sharkey, a Wisconsin native, came to North Austin Foot & Ankle Institute after working in the Chicago suburbs for five years. She looks forward to continuing North Austin Foot & Ankle Institute's mission of providing first-rate solutions and five-star care for all foot and ankle concerns.
Dr. Sharkey enjoys all aspects of treating foot and ankle conditions, with special interest in ankle sprains, ankle stabilization, Achilles tendon disorders, bunion correction, and heel pain. She believes strongly in taking time to develop an individualized treatment approach tailored to each patient's personal life circumstances and goals.
Outside of work, Dr. Sharkey enjoys spending time with her husband and daughter, cheering on the University of Wisconsin Badgers, traveling, practicing photography, reading, and spending time at the lake with family and friends.
- University of Wisconsin-Madison: B.S. Kinesiology
- Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science-D.P.M. (Doctor of Podiatric Medicine)
- Saint Joseph Hospital/Chicago, IL-3 year Residency Training in Podiatric Medicine and Surgery
- Chicago Lower Extremity Surgical Symposium: Lower Extremity
Fixation Fundamentals Workshop Lab Instructor-October 2014
- Lecture Presenter: American Society of Podiatric Surgeons Spring Surgical Seminar: Ankle Fracture Repair-April 2013
- Associate, American College of Foot and Ankle Surgery
- Associate, American College of Foot and Ankle Pediatrics
- Cedar Park Regional Medical Center
- Cedar Park Surgery Center
- St. David’s Oakwood Surgery Center
- Williamson Surgery Center